This list is not exhaustive, the decision on the admissibility of an act and the punishment is taken by the administration on a case-by-case basis. Also, by the decision of the administration, any resource can be found to violate the principles of the community and removed, even without directly violating the following rules.
What is prohibited on XGM:
1. Incorrect messages
- 1.1 The use of profanity in both open and veiled form. Violation of the rule in the user's nickname leads to the deletion of the account without warning.
- 1.2.1 Illiteracy and slang in an amount that makes it impossible to understand what is written.
- 1.2.2 Transliteration.
- 1.3 Use of languages other than Russian and English in messages.
- 1.4 Overuse of formatting (colored text, bold, italic, etc.), use of pseudo graphics, ASCII-art, Zalgo text.
2. Disrespectful attitude towards interlocutors
- 2.1 Offensive language.
- 2.2 Trolling.
- 3.1 Any discussion of moderators' actions (ODM in russian) in resources, comments or blogs.
- 3.2 Taking on the functions of a moderator.
4. Meaningless messages
- 4.1.1 Posting meaningless messages.
- 4.1.2 Posting comments that do not correspond to the topic of this resource (offtopic).
- 4.2 Raising resources in the site feed by adding a meaningless message (up).
- 4.3 Repeated leaving comments in resources in which there were no new messages for more than 3 months (archeology).
- 4.4 Discuss political or religious topics outside of personal blogs.
5. Advertisements and invalid links
- 5.1 Ads, links to your own sites, friend sites, etc.
- 5.2 Link to materials that require registration to view.
- 5.3 Uninformative links; links that are not related to the topic of discussion.
6. Inadmissible profile information
- The user profile is subject to the same restrictions as resources and comments.
7. Access abuse
- 7.1 Registration of two or more accounts. If you forgot your password follow this link.
- 7.2 Transferring access to your account to other people, animals, cyborgs or baked goods.
8. Incorrect image placement
- 8.1 Placement in project resources or blog posts of images attached through third-party hosting, except for cases where images are not uploaded to the site. (Does not apply to comments.)
- 8.2 Use of huge-resolution pictures in the text.
9. Rating abuse
- Exposing several positive or negative ratings in a row to comments or resources of the user, caused by personal attitude towards him, and not by the content of resources and comments.
10. Incorrect use of the Q/A module
- 10.1 Placing several questions in one resource.
- 10.2 Creation a resource without question.
- 10.3 Creation of a question, the answer to which is in the base of articles.
- 10.4 Creation of a resource, the name of which does not reflect the essence of the question.
- 10.5 Re-creating the question.
11. Failure to comply with the rules for processing resources
- 11.1 The resource must be directly related to the project in which it is created
- 11.2 A brief description of the resource should contain only general information about the content of the resource
- 11.3 The administration of the project has the right to put forward additional requirements for the design of the resource and the quality of the content declared for publication in this project (a list of such requirements is usually available on the main page or in the project menu).
- 11.4 Having received a refusal to publish, you cannot send an application repeatedly and repeatedly without fulfilling the conditions of the moderator. This is fraught with the removal of the resource, a remark or a ban.